SAIU has a unique teaching mode which blends face to face and virtual learning. Face to face learning is facilitated by a rich blend of highly qualified and experienced professors together with industry experts. Virtual learning on the other hand is facilitated by the state of the art SAIU e-learning systems.
Points to Note
- All postgraduate programmes are taught under the exceptional SAIU block release model.
- The Block Release teaching model is blended with our state of the art e-learning systems which allows students to comfortably study without compromising their ability to meet their obligations at the work place.
- In the block release model, post graduate students use the first two weekends of the semester to get a conceptual introduction to the various modules to be covered in the particular semester.
- They are also supported to form discussion groups and fully interface with their lecturers during this period
- After the first two weekends, students are availed with all class materials on the SAIU e-learning system together with practical assignments that apply to their work environments.
- Students then return to their work places, follow up with their discussion groups and can fully interface with lecturers on the e-learning platform
- Students return to campus for another busy two weekends in the middle of the semester, where they again attend full time class and have face to face interactions with each other and their lecturers.
- After this, self paced learning is encouraged using our e-learning services
- Exams are done in the last weekend of the semester.
- The SAIU e-learning system is fully equipped and allows a consistent interaction among the students and their lecturers.
- The SAIU e-library is equipped with over 10,000 textbooks, various high quality journals and publications for students’ revision throughout their course of study.
- All registered students can access the SAIU e-learning and e-library systems anytime, anywhere.
- All students are required to do continuous assessments, mid-semester tests and end of semester exams